Eden Gardens, formally known as Milner Gardens Hotel, is a share block retirement scheme for senior citizens and are intended to ensure a low cost of living and a reasonable levy for shareholders. Eden Gardens is situated on the Berea, Musgrave, overlooking Durban Royal Golf Club and the Greyville Race Course and was established in 1986.
About Eden Gardens
- Eden Gardens consist of a total of 68 units which vary between 20 and 55 shares.
- Secure parking is available in the form of lock-up garages, undercover parking and open bay parking within the complex.
- Our large dining room with panoramic views overlooking the city centre, serves three meals per day and offers the alternative of an omelette or toasted sandwich with a variety of salads.
- Guests are welcome to join residents for meals in our dining room.
- Complimentary morning teas, with a treat, and afternoon teas are served in the lounge.
- Room service can be arranged if you are unable to go to the dining room.
- Activities are held in the spacious lounge and include: movies, card tables, board games, musicals and talks on interesting subjects.
- Our library has a wide variety of books, DVDs and CDs.
- We have three guest rooms available at an affordable cost for visiting family and friends.
- There is a tuck shop available.
- We have two hairdressers on the premises twice a week.
- There are 16 DSTV channels to choose from and are included in your monthly levy.
- Prospective purchasers have to be approved by the clinic manager and directors and require a medical form to be completed by their general practitioner.
- All charges are reviewed annually in September.
- Admin facilities are available to residents which includes email and fax.
- Our twenty bed clinic / frail care section consists of five double rooms and ten private rooms.
- We offer 24 hour nursing care under the control of a qualified nursing Sister with trained staff in attendance.
- The clinic offers:
- “step down” post operatively.
- Ear syringing.
- The administering of sab cut / intra muscular injections.
- Monitoring of blood pressure and blood sugar.
- Organising the taking of bloods when necessary.
- Dressing when needed.
- Flu vaccination.
- Bathing with assistance to dress.
- Medicine control.
- Walkers, wheelchairs and oxygen machines can be rented from the clinic.
- Trained staff can accompany residents on doctor/hospital appointments.
- Our security company offers a 24/7 ambulance service for medical emergencies, free of charge.
- A comfortable lounge is available for patients and visitors as well as a shaded garden area.
- A courtesy bus is available to residents for scheduled visits to shopping centres.
- It is also available (pre-booked) to take you to any medical appointments and other personal activities.
- A charge will be levied for unscheduled trips.
Safety and Security
- The complex is secure with 24 hour gated access control.
- Nightly security officer patrolling the entire complex.
- Each resident has a remote controlled panic button that is connected to the clinic.
- The entire company is controlled by the directors and management who sit regularly to plan ahead and resolve any issues.
- There is a monthly residence meeting where items of interest are shared between management and residents.
Three guest rooms are available for immediate family.